Wednesday, January 13, 2016

HORUS HERESY: Imperial Fists Legion forces

HORUS HERESY: Well as I promised I am showing you some pictures of my recently built Imperial Fists Legion forces during the Siege of Terra, Horus Heresy.

Currently the Legion encompasses 5x plastic Cataphractii Terminators from the Betrayal at Calth box. The models are very nice, but full of tiny rivets everywhere which makes cleaning the models from mold lines and flash a little bit of a pain and tiresome... However assembled they look quite nice and knightly. I decided to follow the idea of the (Cataphractii) experimenting with prototype weaponry as described in the Horus Heresy fluff, hence I armed one of them with a custom Assault cannon. I also added a combat blade to each of the Combi-Bolters to make them look even more deadly in close combat. 

To accompany the Terminators I have also decided to build the Contemptor pattern dreadnought from the same box as an Imperial Fist one. Therefore I filed down the front and added an Imperial Fist symbol, changed the leg stance for a much more dramatic pose, exchanged the combi-bolter in the left arm for a heavy flamer plus tanks and finally made the Kheres assault cannon interchangeable. This gives me the option of arming the Contemptor differently without using any magnets. The torso can also pivot and be removed from the hip. All in all I really like this model a lot, it has a lot of charisma and the assault cannon fits to the theme of the Cataphractii Terminators.  If you look closely on the base there is a small shrine of skulls, probably built by some World Eaters legionary...

To have some basic Space Marine legion troops to accompany the Cataphractii and the Contemptor I "recycled" some really old Mk7 Space Marines from various kits, even some from 2nd edition Warhammer 40.000 :-) The new 32mm bases really make even the old models shine. Since I have rebased the lot from 20mm bases to this new base size I still need to add a bit of rubble to the bases. 

I am thinking of expanding this force to about 1000 points, a commander is in the works and I might use some vehicles from my existing range for the Imperial fists. Plans are also to have some breacher units in the legion, built from Mk4 armor. Below is a group shot of the Imperial Fists Legion so far.

Well that´s all for the moment! :-)

Cheers
invivos










No comments:

Post a Comment